Karl Knauer. Innovation and success for over 75 years

1938

Founding of the company by Karl Knauer as a cardboard manufacturing and paper processing plant in Biberach/Baden (Germany) 

1958

New construction and relocation to the company to Zeller Straße 14 in Biberach/Baden

1961

Entry into high-grade refinement through offset printing

1972

Entry of note advertisement means into the product assortment range

1975

Introduction of gift packaging into the assortment range

1978

Maria Knauer, wife of the company founder Karl Knauer, becomes a member of the management and remains in this position until 1996

1982

Delivery of the first packaging system produced in the in-house machine construction department

1985

Ludwig Dilger becomes a member of the management and remains in this position until 2002

1987

Company expansion by 5,000 m²

1987

Federal Cross of Merit awarded to the company's founder Karl Knauer for special merits to the people and the state.

1991

Richard Kammerer becomes a member of the management

1995

Death of the company founder Karl Knauer

1995

First certification in accordance with the quality management system DIN EN ISO 9001.2000

1998

Olaf Pohl, son-in-law of the company founder Karl Knauer, becomes a member of the management and remains in this position until 2016

1998

Joined COPACO – The Packaging Partnership

1999

Company expansion by 3,500m²

1999

First certification in accordance with the quality management system DIN EN ISO 14001

2002

Joachim Würz takes over Ludwig Dilger’s areas of responsibility in the management. Ludwig Dilger retires.

2004

Acquisition of INGA International, manufacturer of note pad advertising media founded in 1990.

2007

INGA International: Inauguration of the new production hall and office and administration building. Expansion of the production area by 3,600 m² and the office space by 1,500 m². Expansion of the production portfolio to include solid board packaging.

2007

Joined OE-A (Organic Electronic Association)

2008

Company expansion by 2,000m²

2009

FSC® (FSC-C005891)- and PEFC™-certification for the usage of materials made from responsible forestry.

2010

FSC®- and PEFC™ certifications for INGA International

2010

First certification of Karl Knauer KG in accordance with the Food Safety Management System, DIN EN ISO 22000: 2005.

2010

Certification of INGA International in accordance with DIN EN ISO 14001 and DIN EN ISO 22000.

2011

Opening of the child day-care centre "Fliegerkiste" through a joint effort between Karl Knauer KG and HYDRO Systems KG as well as the town of Biberach, being the first and only joint venture between two family-owned companies and a municipality.

2011

"Najwyższa Jakość" (award received from an institute for quality research) and "Ikar Biznesu" for INGA International

2012

The Polish subsidiary of Karl Knauer KG, Inga International Sp. z o.o. changes its name to Karl Knauer Poland Sp. z o.o. 

2013

Certification for CO2-neutral production

2013

Certification to ISO 12647-2, process standard offset printing

2014

Inauguration of a new production hall and high rack warehouse at Karl Knauer Poland, which enlarges the production and storage area by 1,800 m² each.

2016

Stefanie Wieckenberg, granddaughter of the company founder Karl Knauer, takes over the areas of responsibility in the management from her father Olaf Pohl. Olaf Pohl retires.

2017

Certification for CO2-compensated energy use

2017

Acquisition of the HEPACK GmbH (packaging manufacturer) that was founded in 1981 with a production area of 14,000 m²